10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Building a DeckFebruary 7, 2017
How to Choose the Perfect Deck Railing ColorMarch 3, 2017
5 Railing Options that You Need to See!
The railings on your deck will be one of the first things people notice when they look at your new outdoor living space. In addition to making your home look great, however, they’re also an important safety feature. When you’re planning dream deck, consider these options in railings.
- Deck railings made to look like intertwined branches or heavy pieces of driftwood can be a great complement to a wood deck. These railings are unique, but be sure to consider the material used just as carefully as you consider the materials for the floor of the deck. Use pressure-treated wood wherever possible.
- A wooden railing with post caps is a style that has been around for years because it’s beautiful and functional. When you use a modern material such as Premier Decking with a traditional layout, you can expect years of life out of your new outdoor living space. If you have small children, consider rounding the ends of the railings and endocarps for extra safety.
- Deck railings that follow the line of a curved deck floor, or railings that curve away from the floor line add a lot of visual appeals. They’re also a good way to get the most out of limited space in a small area.
- Transparent glass or plastic railings or walls is a good way to show off your deck and have unobstructed visibility around your yard. If you use a product like Premier Decking, you should have no problem installing this type of railing; our wood is designed to be resistant to splitting and can handle the heavy fasteners that this type of railing requires.
- Don’t feel as if you have to match the color of your deck flooring to the color of your railing. In fact, Premier Decking can be painted or stained just about any shade you can imagine, giving you the freedom to get creative.